Sonntag, 22. März 2015

Sakura art journal page

Today I´d like to share with you an art journal page I created for Creative Gym #6 at Mixed Media Place. This month challenge is all about typography. 


What can I say...I love writing and especially handlettering since I was young. So it was quite natural that I wanted to incorporate that into whatever I was going to do. 
I decided to create an art journal page with a slightly changed quote I found on Instagram. The bold Font is inspired by the smaller Tim Holtz rubons you can see on the transfered image. To give a certain balance to the bold black letters, I chose soft colors and a cherry blossom image transfer to go with it. The kanji in the upper right corner means sakura (cherry blossom).

"we constantly worry about what might happen in the future that we forget to slow down and enjoy the present."

Materials used: white Gesso, Schmincke acrylic medium "matte", Mikron pen,  Marabu stencil, Lndiys Stamp Gang spray "pretty in pink pink" & "jack frost", Prima Color Bloom spray "lime wedge", Prisma Color drawing pensils, graphite pencil, fixative


Keine Kommentare: