Donnerstag, 9. April 2015

believe in something absurd

Another page in my art journal.
And the perfect example on how a mistake or - or better said a plan that didn´t turn out the way you wanted it to be - can lead you to something totally unexpected.

What I wanted to try creating was the so called Bokeh effect. What I found out instead was that white gesso crackles when applied on a coat of Prima Color Bloom sprays. Funny, isn´t it. After that exploration I decided to complete the page in a slightly different way then intended before. That´s one of the great advantages when working, and more importantly experimenting, in your art journal. You never know, where the art journey leads you to.

And here´s what I ended up with:




 here´s a good view on the delicate crackles


Supplies: white gesso, Finnabair modeling paste, Finnabair stencil "bubbles", Prima Color Bloom sprays "empress gold"/ "summer sky"/ "deep teal", Silks "solar gold", Dylusion stamp, soft pencil


Keine Kommentare: